There’s no better way to show your care to the planet and your loved ones than with eco-friendly Valentine’s Day cards.
Whether you’re a dab hand at crafts or want to pick up one ready-made, you’ll fall in love with these top ideas for the outside (and inside!) of your cards.
eco-friendly valentine’s day cards
DIY eco-friendly Cards
- Recycled paper is the perfect base to create your own eco-friendly Valentine’s Day cards. A simple brown paper can be printed upon with simple heart stamps with vegan ink.
- Cardboard If you love nothing more than online shopping, you’re sure to have a box or two on hand to re-use.
- Gift wrap can be re-used to create decorative detail on cards.
- Scrap paper From wallpaper samples to scrap shopping list notes.
- Seed paper not only looks great, but once planted, can grow into flowers.
- Packing paper from gift bags such as red or white tissue paper can be re-used.
- Magazines and flyers can create an interesting collage for a truly personalised touch.
- Elephant dung paper Yes, really. Recycled elephant poo may not sound particularly lovely but it actually creates a soft, mottled paper perfect for crafts.
- Waste objects Why throw away what you can re-use? Think: yarn, sting, toothpicks, lolly pop sticks…
- Mini chalkboards can be re-used with new messages throughout Valentine’s Day and beyond.
- Re-use cards from the past Cut out elements you like from previous cards to make it into something entirely new.
- Old wall calendars have beautiful images and heavy stock for cards.
- Newspaper Adding colour to the newspaper can create an interesting effect.
- Thumbprints It could be yours, your pet’s paws or a child’s fingerprints adding that personalised touch.
Eco-Friendly card decorations
There’s nothing more delightfully surprising than glitter or hearts falling from a card, but if want to truly share the love, these inner eco decorations are simply perfect.
- Plantable paper decor hearts grow into plants once planted owing to the flower seed mix inside.
- Eco-glitter is an excellent choice for both adding internally to cards or for a spot of card DIY alike.
- Dried rose buds or similar florals is the ultimate way to show love inside eco friendly Valentine’s Day cards.
- Recycled paper cut outs You can create a simple silhoutte shape such as a champagne bottle or heart from recycled or seed paper and pop them inside.