If you’ve been admiring leaf trinket dishes, like the kind found in chic homeware websites such as ASOS or Anthropologie, but fancy making your very own, good news is you’re in luck.
This DIY leaf trinket dish tutorial is created by Rebecca Snowden, Interior Style Advisor at Furniture Choice, and is the perfect way to get crafty and transition into the new season.
“Metallic accessories are a simple and effective way to add a pinch of glamour and light to any space,” she advises.
Not to mention, it’s the perfect excuse to go out for an autumnal walk!
DIY Leaf Trinket Dish
You will need:
- Modelling clay
- A few leaves
- Metallic paint (Acrylic will work well)
- Rolling pin
- Craft knife
- Good quality brushes
- Gather your supplies. Visiting your local hobby and craft store is a good place to pick up everything you need, while a walk in your local park is sure to provide a good supply of leaves.
- Roll the clay out, then firmly press the leaf onto it so the veins are clearly imprinted. Trim away the excess clay following the leaf’s outline.
- Using fingers, gently curl up the sides of the dish to form a shallow edge.
- Allow it to dry on a cooling rack overnight, then paint on the desired metallic shade and allow to dry completely before using.
- You now have your very own chic trinket dish to place jewellery on!